IMPACT® formulas have more clinical evidence, in more patients, with more positive outcomes than any other immunonutrition formula.
IMPACT Advanced Recovery® Immunonutrition Drink contains a unique immunonutrient blend (arginine, omega-3 fatty acids, and nucleotides) to reduce the risk of infection after major elective surgery. This evidence-based formula helps meet the specialized nutritional requirements of surgical patients and is proven to reduce risk of post-operative infections by 51% and hospital length of stay (LOS) by 15% (avg. 2-3 days).1
Major surgery places unique nutritional demands on the body.
IMPACT® formulas contain a unique blend of supplemental arginine, fish oil and nucleotides, shown to improve immune response in major elective surgery patients1-3.
IMPACT Advanced Recovery® Drink is the oral immunonutrition supplement supported by THE MOST clinical evidence.
IMPACT Advanced Recovery® Drink in the News:
Preoperative protocol used at a Health System
Clinical Evidence Summaries:
Immunonutrition Studies Compendium
IMPACT® Clinical Reference Guide
IMPACT Formulas One Page Evidence Summaries: Improving Surgical Wound Healing
Reducing Infection Rates
Reducing Complication Rates
Reducing Length of Stay
Reducing Anastomotic Leaks
Reducing Postsurgical Pneumonia
Banerjee et al. Nutrition 2017 Study Summary
IMPACT® Formulas Bibliography
Practice Guidelines and Recommendations
Highlights from the North American Surgical Nutrition Summit
2016 Critical Care Nutrition Guidelines Resource Page
Pre-Operative Quality Improvement Initiatives
ENact surgical nutrition toolkit
Pre and Peri-Operative Protocols
IMPACT® Surgical Nutrition Pre-Operative Protocol
IMPACT® Surgical Nutrition Peri-Operative Protocol
IMPACT® in Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS®) Protocols (ERPs)
Patient and Caregiver Materials
IMPACT Advanced Recovery® Patient Brochure
IMPACT Advanced Recovery® Simple Instruction Sheet for Patients English | Spanish
Ordering and Availability
Patients have the following options to order and purchase IMPACT Advanced Recovery® Drink based on the recommendation of their health care professional:
- Orders can be placed through the Nestlé Nutrition Store.
- Free next day shipping on orders placed before 2pm Eastern time. Next day delivery also available through local area home care companies
- Product can be stocked in clinic or delivered directly to a patient’s home
- Clinics with an active Nestlé account can order on behalf of the patient through Nestlé Customer Service 1-800-274-2672.
- Patients can purchase at their local pharmacy by placing a special order. Allow 24 hours for delivery. See ordering information below:
||NDC FORMAT NUMBER+
|IMPACT ADVANCED RECOVERY® Vanilla
||15 - 178 mL
+NDC Formatted Numbers are not actual National Drug Codes (NDC). NDC Formatted Numbers are product codes adjusted according to standard industry practice to meet the format requirements of certain suppliers and payers. Nestlé HealthCare Nutrition submits product information including various product codes to the compendia but cannot confirm that the NDC Formatted Numbers submitted have been published by the compendia.
USE UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION. NOT INDICATED WHEN IMMUNE SUPPRESSION IS DESIRED
1. Drover JW et al. Perioperative use of arginine-supplemented diets: a systematic review of the evidence. J Am Coll Surg. 2011;212(3):385-399.
2. Waitzberg DL et al. Postsurgical infections are reduced with specialized nutrition support. World J Surg. 2006;30(8):1592-1604.
3. Braga M et al. Preoperative oral arginine and n-3 fatty acid supplementation improves the immunometabolic host response and outcome after colorectal resection for cancer. Surg 2002;132:805-814.
4. ASER. Enhanced Recovery Implementation Guide. Sept 2016. http://aserhq.org/.
5. Taylor BE et al. Guidelines for the provision and assessment of nutrition support therapy in the adult critically ill patient: Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) and American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.). CCM 2016;44(2):390-438.
6. http://www.becertain.org/strong_for_surgery/hospitals/nutrition (accessed Dec 3, 2015)
7. Banerjee S et al. Effects of arginine-based immunonutrition on inpatient total costs and hospitalization outcomes for patients undergoing colorectal surgery. Nutrition 2017,published on-line;
8. Alito Aprelino M and de Aguilar-Nascimento JE. Multimodal perioperatrive care plus immunonutrition verses traditional care in total hip arthroplasty: a randomized pilot study. Nutr J 2016;15:1-7.
9. Hamilton-Reeves JM et al. Effects of Immunonutrition for Cystectomy on Immune Response and Infection Rates: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial. Euro Urol 2016;69(3):389-392.
10. Majumder A et al. Benefits of Multimodal Enhanced Recovery Pathway in Patients Undergoing Open Ventral Hernia Repair. J Am Coll Surg 2016;222:1106-1115.
Strong for Surgery® is a Quality Program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
*Resulting from the North American Surgical Nutrition Summit, sponsored by Nestlé HealthCare Nutrition, Inc.
**The above statement does not constitute an endorsement of IMPACT® formula or any other Nestlé HealthCare Nutrition product by SCCM or A.S.P.E.N.
Except as noted, all trademarks are owned by Société des Produits Nestlé S.A., Vevey, Switzerland or used with permission. ©2017 Nestlé.