Transitioning to home and tube feeding self-management can be challenging as 4 in 5 homecare patients do not receive skilled nursing services.1 Patient resources provide practical support to facilitate safer, reliable and more successful home enteral nutrition.
These tools below may help:
- Facilitate more confident self-management of home tube feedings
- Provide staff resources to support tube fed patients
- Troubleshoot tube feeding problems
- Increase tube feeding compliance to optimize outcomes
We invite providers to offer these resources to patients and caregivers via Web sites or to download and distribute hard copies.
Validating Screening Tools
MNA® (Mini Nutritional Assessment) Tool
- The most widely used and validated screening tool for identifying nutrition risk in individuals 65 years and older
- Validated by more than 100 published studies worldwide
The EAT-10 Swallowing Screening Tool
- Helps to measure swallowing difficulties
For use by healthcare practitioners
Ask a Dietitian Program
To support patients’ transition from hospital to home, Nestlé Registered Dietitians are available to provide information regarding the appropriate use of Nestlé enteral products including:
- product features and benefits
- product nutrient content and ingredients
- product administration and troubleshooting
- product packaging and storage
Call 1-800-706-0554 for product questions or to schedule an appointment with a Nestlé Registered Dietitian. Our dietitians are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM EST to talk with homecare providers, patients, and caregivers.
Except as noted, all trademarks are owned by Société des Produits Nestlé S.A., Vevey, Switzerland or used with permission.
1. Thompson L. Long-term care: support for family caregivers. Georgetown University Long-Term Care Financing Project. Issue Brief March 2004.